Why Hire an ISES Member
With so many people and companies offering to design and manage special events, it's important to find someone you can trust. That's why you should hire an ISES member.
- Experience - People can't just declare themselves to be voting members of ISES. All voting members must have a minimum of three years of experience and provide examples of their work. That means ISES members are pre-screened, saving you time and worry.
- Expertise - ISES members are constantly learning about new trends, new ideas, and new technologies. This happens both at the chapter level through monthly chapter meetings, and at the international level through the Conference for Professional Development, ISES publications, industry research, and more. The special events industry is dynamic, growing and improving - and so are our members. That means your special event will be cutting-edge, but also safe and efficient.
- Ethics - All members of ISES subscribe, in writing, to the ISES Principles of Professional Conduct and Ethics. This gives you peace of mind that you can trust the integrity of the professional designing and managing your special event.
ISES Principles of Professional Conduct & Ethics
Your special event is important - the last thing you want to worry about is the integrity of your special events professional. That's why all ISES members subscribe to the ISES Principles of Professional Conduct and ethics. Each member of ISES shall agree to adhere to the following:
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession of the special events industry while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of our profession by performing consistently at or above acceptable industry standards.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry negotiations and activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and promote all practices, which bring respect and credit to the profession.
- Provide truthful and accurate information with respect to the performance of duties. Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
- Maintain industry-accepted standards of safety and sanitation.
- Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.
- Commit to increase professional growth and knowledge, to attend educational programs and to personally contribute expertise to meetings and journals.
- Strive to cooperate with colleagues, suppliers, employees, employers and all persons supervised, in order to provide the highest quality service at every level.
Back to Top Home